Hi,

I've tried to fix the mail from Florian Resinger:

Btw, Florian, which email client do you use? Your email was horrible to
read I've had a hard time figuring out, who said what after your mail.

Sigrid

Am Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:25:11 +0100
schrieb Florian Reisinger <reisi...@live.at>:

Claus Agerskov schrieb:

> Sean White skrev:
> >As a concerned user, if LibreOffice is meant a independent office
> >project derived from the OpenOffice code then why do we still use
> >their version numbering system. Wouldn't it be better to start from
> >1 to reinforce in peoples minds that we are a separate project
> >

> I will suggest another version scheme like the one the Linux
> distribution Ubuntu uses.
>
> The year and month: 9.04, 9.10, 10.4 and 10.10.

> I know it is very difficult to release at a specific month because
> there could be a lot of issues that postpone a release date.
>
> Maybe it should only be the target to have one major release
> each year and smaller updates and security releases with minor
> version numbers:

> Yearly major release: 11 and 12
> Update release: 11.1,11.2 and 12.1
> Security releases: 11.0.5, 11.1.5, 11.2.5, 12.0.5 and
> 12.1.5 (security release 5)

I think it would be easier to understand, if it's "classic."
Betas: 0.9.1 (Beta 1)1.9.3 ( Third Beta for Version Number 2 ) => Mayor Release
Mayor Release 1.0 , 2.0 ...
Update and Security Release: 1.1 1.5

Kind regards
Florian Reisinger