On 04/30/2011 01:56 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Harold Fuchs wrote:
>> Has Oracle given permission for TDF to use its forum, or doesn't TDF need
>> such permission? Does TDF *want* to use an Oracle resource?
>
> I think Drew has already explained this on multiple mailing lists,
> anyway: the forums at http://user.services.openoffice.org/ are run by
> community members and not by Oracle, they explicitly include LibreOffice
> among the supported software (see page header), they can be used with no
> need for permissions from Oracle, and they are probably the best place
> where LibreOffice users can get support if they don't like mailing
> lists.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Sorry, but I'd have to disagree...
http://openoffice.org/terms_of_use
The resources are owned and operated by Oracle.

Whilst http://user.services.openoffice.org may (currently) tolerate LO
posts, certainly LO/TDF should prefer to not continue to send
users/prospective users to OOo properties for support and answers
regarding LO. Doing so is akin to having OOo send users/prospective
users to the LO users list for support.