Om the basis of the discussions going on at this list, I do share your
analysis as expressed in:
http://daedaleus.isaachummel.com/2011/05/01/whither-openoffice/

But I wonder/doubt if the view "the LibreOffice community is mired in
excessive open source zeal and geek elitism" also applies to the developers
who do the real work.

Pieter