Am 04.11.2011 11:18, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
Hi,

Christian Lohmaier wrote on 2011-11-03 16:17:

You cannot move threads to other topics, you cannot edit messages
afterwards, you cannot delete posts, you cannot mark posts as sticky
or "resolved", etc.

indeed, good points. However, I am not sure if this is what the majority
of users would do anyways (althought it's agreeably a nice feature), but
I think it's simply a "It doesn't look like a forum I know"-thing that
keeps people from using it.

When people complained we have nothing like a forum, and I pointed them
to Nabble, all I got was a "This is not a forum", without further
explanation, which makes nailing down the problem a bit troublesome. ;-)

Maybe this looks more like a forum?

http://arkanis.de/projects#nntp-forum
https://github.com/arkanis/nntp-forum

The key idea here is to have an etablished system newsgroup under the hood (for the more "conserative" users) and a fancy webinterface forum (for the "new" generation). So to enable exchange between those two user groups (the author also writes about the ides behind this software on his blog) - and free choice of reader for everyone.

just my 2cents (and to throw in another alternative in the pot *d&r* ;-)
tom