Steve,
       thanks for the reply. I will try running on a different port just in
case. Since 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 I thought this problem was solved too but it
started going wrong again, which lead me to conclude:

1. Our IT guys changed config on the server
2. An update from Apple screwed it. I uninstalled Authoxy and re-installed it
and also did the repair permissions mojo etc. to no avail.

Regards,

Steve