On Sep 27, 2006, at 7:59 AM, Klaus Hartl wrote:
> in IE I think
> I simply do not get the right value for the scroll coordinates yet.
> Maybe someone can give me a hint...

I've been playing around with this for some enhancements to the jTip
plugin and have successfully used this code that I borrowed from
quirksmode.org and tweaked a bit :

   if (window.innerHeight) {
          scroll_position = window.pageYOffset;
          window_height = window.innerHeight;
   }
   else if (document.documentElement &&
document.documentElement.scrollTop) {
        scroll_position = document.documentElement.scrollTop;
        window_height = document.documentElement.clientHeight;
   }
   else if (document.body) {
          scroll_position = document.body.scrollTop;
          window_height = document.body.clientHeight;
   }

I hope this at least points you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Karl
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com