Guys, some of you may know of my efforts to get jQuery more exposure.
Part of that is pro-actively approaching Ajax notables in the ColdFusion
community in an effort to get them to give some face time to jQuery.
Well I'm happy to announce that it looks like I've converted one of the
notables in the ColdFusion community; Joe Danziger. Joe's written
several articles on Ajax primarily focusing on Prototype/Scriptaculous
with ColdFusion. You can read about it here as well as his comments
about jQuery:

http://www.reybango.com/index.cfm/2006/12/6/Why-jQuery-Rocks-or-How-I-Got-Joe-Danziger-to-Convert

The reason that I'm posting this is to encourage everyone to be
pro-active in approaching the top names in your respective areas and
development tools and telling them about jQuery. It seems that many
folks either don't know about jQuery or have a misconception about what
it does. In my Joe thought it was just some javascript library until he
actually saw the plugins and functionality included in it.

I was fairly disappointed not seeing jQuery mentioned in this recent
comparison:

http://www.dzone.com/rsslinks/an_open_source_ajax_comparison_matrix.html

so I'm going to continue to push hard to get the word out. I hope
everyone joins me in those efforts.

If you see Joe on this mailing list, please make him feel at home. I've
talked to him about writing another article for AjaxWorld about using
jQuery with ColdFusion and he seems pretty excited about doing it.

I will be out of town until Monday so if you reply to me and don't get a
response back, I'll get back to you then.

Rey...