Here is some notes I took on my blackberry.  Sometimes I just get
ideas like this and like to take them down.  It's for getjquery.com
which could be a great way to promote the library.

Getjquery.org site ideas:

Create a site in a similar vein to getfirefox.org, promoting the
features and values of the Jquery library.

The site is build aroud x ideas:
- what is jQuery? (Introduction and Faq)
- jQuery in action (both onsite and offsite), jQuery in the press.
- get jQuery (offer several downloads I.e. Lite, developer and roll-your-own)
- jQuery tutorials (onsite, offsite, video and podcasts)
- your jQuery - user submission such as sites running jQuery, code
snipits, photos (conferences, sillyness, etc).
- jQuery swag - t-shirts, mugs, mouse mats, etc.
- support us - donations

Site runs on Drupal, with modulles to build a community site, get
advocates od jQuery from the mailing list to contribute to design and
function, come up with unique content for site. Look at either
creating a tour in flash, or someone write it in jQuery (to show the
power!!)

Aim of the site is to raise awareness and take up of the jQuery
library. Show that some big sites (technorati, drupal) are using
jQuery, get quotes and soundbites and plaster them on the site.

Create a central pot of funds for running hosting, getting advertising
and donating to jQuery related projects. Possibly offer awards for
excellent projects decided by a panel.  Could also go towards funding
speakers at events to promote jQuery.

Feel free to expand on this, or just ignore it but I thought I'd throw
it into the pot.

Tane
http://digitalspaghetti.me.uk