On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 03:00:35PM -0500, Richard Lowe wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 06:52, Hans Rosenfeld
> <rosenf...@grumpf.hope-2000.org> wrote:
> > The topology information for the scheduler would need to be updated, and
> > the topology information for FMA will probably need some work, too. The
> > microcode patch loader would need to be changed (there was change in the
> > patch format) just in case that microcode updates are released for it.
> >

> Did AMD do anything which invalidates the current relationships?
> introduce a new _kind_ of relation?  It seems like it would be hard to
> cause the topology we figure out to be _entirely_ bogus (though I say
> that having watched a bogus _CSD manage to do so all on its own...).

The Bulldozer has a completely new microarchitecture which differs in
some interesting ways from the old one. The most important one is that
cores come in pairs called "compute units", they share a FPU, L2 and L1
instruction caches and a frequency domain.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown