In the final analysis, there is no perfect objective test that's automatic.
Ther are too many variables, including doctypes, and many of the accessibility
criteria can only be assessed by the subjective human mind.

That said, I use and appreciate http://www.cynthiasays.com/ after checking for
HTML and CSS validation.  I have a few other tools to assess such things as
color contrast, which is important for people with vision problems.  Some are
available free from this site: http://www.wat-c.org/.  Very good advice about
accessibility for the blind is available from http://www.afb.org and from a
source I mentioned earlier, http://www.rnib.org.uk

I'm not a complete nut for accessibility as it's understood by many people.
Few people with serious vision impairments drive cars, for example (!), so
maybe it isn't necessary for Ford or Toyota to think much about serving those
customers a website that's blind-accessible.  For other products, it may be a
very good idea.  For government sites, which theoretically serve all citizens,
it's imperative.

Jeff Seager

> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 00:45:14 +0000
> Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Interesting tab navigation example
>

> Hi,
>   I am web master trying to provide accessibility to our corporate
> website. I checked our site with http://508ita.com and it gave me a
> very comprehensive report. I would like to know if there are any
> similar free products available.
>
> o2ateam

> Posted from the new ixda.org
> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=23821

The best games are on Xbox 360.  Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360
Console.