Also, I think you're partly correct here, Pauric:

"p.s. The 'firewall' argument, http://tinyurl.com/yhcr7o , is
-completely- bogus. I've been building corporate networks for 12
years and designed a number of firewall UIs. This limitation is
purely down to dumbass lazy network admins BOFH's (as Will put it) .
If you cant access blogger from your place of work - talk to the admin
and get the site whitelisted, if they refuse then you're really
facing work-practice politics, not true concerns over blogger.com
injecting malicious js code in to your corporate network."

The problem remains partly because there are, and always will be,
dumbass lazy admins.  For most users on our network, Blogger is
wholly inappropriate during work and should be blacklisted.  Scripts
are not forbidden, but we've already had a major virus incident
compromise our server.  If such an incident is ever traced to some
malicious script, I believe the knee-jerk reaction will be to forbid
all script.  Real-world paranoia trumps logic every time.

So I'd agree that doesn't make it right, but I'd still argue for
what your linked article calls "progressive enhancement."  Maybe
good interaction design should make allowances for the existence of
human variables like dumbass reactionary sysadmins, too.