My apologies, for the what seems to be the wrong choice of words. To
me, 'intellectuals' are equivocal to those who think about their
designs to the extent that they can conceptualize, rather than latch
onto trends.

Re-reading what I wrote roughly 9 years ago, I can see validity as
well as the 'youthfulness' of my thoughts.

At the time, I had just gotten out of college and was learning that
to survive and to grow as a designer, to strive to be at your best,
wasn't about following the rules nor the visual 'wow' factor that
inspires many students, but the thinking behind that 'wow' factor.

I was learning that real-world design values, were much different
than those which I, and many of my colleagues at school had thought
them to be.