I'm a bit confused.  You reference the fact that the form takes more
time and effort as meaning it's unusable.    Efficiency (which is
what I assume you are referring to) doesn't just mean faster, it
means less wasted time.  If the goal if the form was to be more
secure and adding more questions accomplished that goal, how is that
wasted time to look through more questions?  Particularly when the
user satisfaction was high.

I don't know, but I would guess based on your results from testing
that this form is indeed usable.

As for the automatic/manual argument, both pass usablility depending
on your users goals.  It's not a one size fits all solution.