Thanks for this, Chauncey. I am probably one of those people who would
struggle when asked the question you mention, but I've been trying to
keep it front of mind for the past little while. (I believe you wrote on
the subject in another thread not long ago and it hit home.)

It's particularly relevant in terms of teaching the kids though, you're
absolutely right. The ideal activity does seem to be a) "let's come up
with some things that don't work well in this example" and b) "can you
design something that fixes those problems?"

You mention that you've seen sessions where kids are asked to critique
systems -- where was this? Was it part of a program of some kind or
something more informal? How old were the kids, out of curiosity?

Meredith