I have started using my iphone this way.   I use the Unote (younote?)
application to basically jot down random thoughts.  I have a lot of these
while driving for some reason, and if I don't write them down they
evaporate.  The key advantage of the iphone is that I always have it with
me, unlike a notebook, and it allows me to record notes in a number of ways
(write it down, audio, photos, etc.).    I think it would be useful to be
able to sync things from the iphone to a web interface, but knowing what I
know about user research, just because I say that doesn't mean I would
actually make the effort to take it one step further to manage stuff
online.

Eva Kaniasty
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kaniasty