I like the fact that Microsoft dared to change the interface so
rigorously. The old interface with menus and toolbars wasn't perfect
either.
I guess that the ribbon is helping new and even intermediate users.
But as a expert user I'm missing the fast overview a classic menu
offers. I think the ribbon is a good concept, but too rigidly applied
in the case of Office 2007. Some of the functions, like the advanced
paragraph properties, don't fit within the concept and require a
different interface design.

I would say that it's possible to combine the benefits of the ribbon
with the benefits of a classic menu.

By the way: Jan, thanks for the link to Classic Menus Add In...

- Yohan