I think its fine to come up with a set of rough guidelines on good
practice.

However, to present this list in the context of of the Declaration of
Human Rights ignores the fact that most of the 'Articles' are
already covered by existing laws, the rest by market forces.  The
list completely side steps the fact that we're talking about
Consumers with free will, not Humans subject to oppression and
without the ability to migrate.  If something sucks, users go
elsewhere.

I do not see any correlation between Twitter outages and Guantanamo.
To answer his question "why isn%u2019t there a list of users%u2019
rights anywhere?"  Users are ultimately consumers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_rights

/pauric