I think that's what Dan was getting at -- control of things you have a legal right to.

That definitely, but it's a murky area. Up until a couple of years ago in Australia it was still illegal to make a copy of a CD you bought - there was no fair use policy in copyright law as there has been in the USA for some time. So, technically, when the iPod came on the market, everyone using one was breaking the law.

I still feel citizens' and human rights should filter down and simply be enforced or informed by the design/service rather than having to be a separate set of rights, but it's more about providing context for those rights in application.

I'm having a not-making-much-sense day I think. Time to stop typing.

Best,

Andy

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Andy Polaine

Research | Writing | Strategy
Interaction Concept Design
Education Futures