I concur with William, basically. There could be exceptions (please
show me one), but I think in most cases the accordion construction is
an unnecessary gimmick.

I do think it's worth mentioning that accessibility is an important
component of usability, and the example you posted is fully
accessible with javascript disabled, Kordian ... oh, wait a minute,
do you want to use the accordion structure because your name is
Kordian? THAT might be an acceptable excuse!

My suggestion is to use it very sparingly if at all. These gimmicks
are a bit like specialized photographic filters, in or out of
Photoshop, and above all the presentation should suit the intended
purpose. First criterion: Does this tool or implementation really
support the fundamental message I want to convey? If the answer is
"yes," THEN you can think about how to integrate it.

Cheers,
Jeff
(a fan of the wee Celtic button accordion)