If I understand you correctly, Sachin, your concern is that we are
impeding the progress of good web design if we caution against the
use of this accordion structure that I call a "gimmick."

Rather, what I want to suggest is that we move forward thoughtfully.
I am an accessibility advocate, and accessibility does not concern
itself only with screen readers and other alternatives to the
standard browser. In the end, it requires exactly what Angel points
to above: Adherence to Web Standards, Progressive Enhancement,
Graceful Degradation, and Unobtrusive Enhancements.

Kordian has now clarified that the accordion function is only a small
component of the final product, and we can see already that the model
he provided was accessible without javascript ... some accordion
implementations are not. So really, I wouldn't discourage its use. I
just personally favor simplicity, and I believe that any feature of an
interface that isn't truly useful (not merely pretty) should be
discarded.

The most beautiful cars are the ones with the cleanest lines, not the
ones with the most accessories attached to them. The same may be said
of women (men too, I suppose) and web interfaces.