So I just went to write our new US administration my first e-mail from
whitehouse.gov. Ready and eager for that much-touted new open line of
communication into our government! I filled out all my info. on the contact
form, wrote a title in the message box stating (pleading), "PLEASE MAKE WALL
STREET ACCOUNTABLE!" then hit the paragraph return button.

It submitted my message (ahem.. title only) to the White House. Would have been
nice to explain my point.

It's always boggled my mind why the gov't doesn't put UX advocates (including
designers, researchers, coders, QA) front and center in the design of
citizen-technology interfaces. Don't even get me started on voting.

Does anyone have any experience/ evidence... HOPE?? to the contrary?