I was an existing PC user & I switched to a Mac (had an option to choose
either) primarily for Omnigraffle. Also, I find Adobe CS a lot faster on a
Mac. Though I'm not entirely sure about this- I think that a PC with
comparable performance for tools that most UX designers use is going to run
almost as expensive as a MAC.

I'm saying this because even the standard PC desktop I had does not compare
with my Macbook Pro (the PC laptop was almost unworkable). I use the Macbook
as my primary machine and I find the portability very convenient (also have
Parallels in the unlikely scenario that I need a PC).

Finally, isn't Mac s/w especially iWork a lot cheaper (did I miss better?)
than the Windows counterpart.

--
-Vishal
http://www.vishaliyer.com