Yeah, I can see how the sketchy stencil from Graffletopia wouldn't be
for everybody. I've used it when I needed something quick and didn't
have time to create my own, but it is a little limited.

Having used both Visio and OmniGraffle extensively, I can't say that
OG is exponentially better than Visio--Visio is a decent tool that
does quite a lot. It's just that OmniGraffle does everything more
elegantly (and has a  lower learning curve than Visio). With the
availability of virtualization tools (I prefer VMWare Fusion by many
miles over Parallels), I don't see any reason not to have a Mac, and
just run Windows apps, including Visio, when needed.