Our rates have stayed about the same in terms of the hourly rate on
which we base our estimates. But we've gotten more aggressive in
finding ways to do things more efficiently. We do an estimate based
on hours but then quote the client a fixed price. We usually mark the
estimate by a percentage to give ourselves some wiggle room.

If you're working as a contractor to do whatever they ask (and not
on a defined project scope) then you probably have to give hourly
rates. I can't comment on how those have been affected.