On Aug 14, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Nasir Barday wrote:

We should be careful with discounts in our industry, lest people think they
can something for nothing. The best advice I've gotten is that clients
should "feel the pain." If we lower our estimates, it should be because
we've taken something away: one less design iteration, fewer usability
tests, etc. The long term effect I'm worried about is a financial de- valuing
of the worth of our work as designers.

Agreed completely.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY

Jared