On Sep 1, 2009, at 6:34 AM, Ali Naqvi wrote:

But won't you agree that UCD follow a "certain" guideline?

No, I wouldn't. Dozens of interviews I've conducted with self- proclaimed UCD professionals shows there is very little overlap in what UCD means or what a UCD professional does.

There's no "guidelines" beyond some vague notion of "involving users" which, by the way, people (like Andrei) who claim to not be UCD followers do too.

So, if I were to give you a pile of 10 folks who claim to follow UCD combined with a pile of 10 folks who claim to design without following UCD -- without telling you which was which -- I'm betting you couldn't pick out who was in each group by looking at either their philosophies, their activities, or their end results.

At which point, I ask, what makes UCD special? Why is it important?

Jared