On Dec 7, 2009, at 6:28 AM, Chris Rink wrote:

I agree with 37 Signals that you should just choose the paging size.
The page size is really a question of performance. And I don't think
you would ask your user what type of performance they want. You
already know, they want it fast.

I would think that rather than making the user choose one or choosing one that may be fine for most and lousy for some, better would be let the user's environment determine the size. That is, whatever portion of the window isn't occupied by header and footer and overhead, that's determines how many items show. If they change the window size or possibly the text size -- which indicates a desire to change how they view things, you change how much shows to match

-- Jim