On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 5:16 AM, Lori Jakab <lorand.jakab+...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the feedback. I pretty much agree with retiring Maven
> Sites from our project, as I prefer the look of the Sphinx generated HTML.
> However, we do include our Javadoc in the Maven Sites generated
> documentation, which is handy. What would be the best way to publish
> Javadoc if we disable Maven Sites?

I think for now keeping javadoc as maven site is probably the best way but
we can move non-javadocs to Sphinx.

It is possible to generate javadoc with Sphinx and you can see an example
here [0] except we found on larger projects like NIC it adds significant
amount of build time. One idea I had to get around this which I plan to
investigate in the future is to have a separate job for generating javadocs
for all projects which can run once a day or a week since I'm expecting the
job to take on the order of several hours to run. This job will then
publish the generated javadoc output to a separate new repo which we can
then be consumed by the docs-merge job which pushes the result to
docs.opendaylight.org. I plan to look into this during the carbon time
frame but can't say much more until I have a chance to look more closely at
this.

Thanh

[0]
http://docs.opendaylight.org/en/stable-boron/javadoc/odlparent/packages.html