Brian Russo wrote:
So to sum up the themes of this thread..

OSGeo really just acts as an administrative body within with projects can have some legal "existence", but effectively has no say on day-to-day tasks involving projects, etc.

The actual direction of the projects "sponsored" by OSGeo is really the responsibility of the relevant committee/developers.

This is now my understanding as well. Chris (Schmidt) and I had a discussion about this the other day. I was interested in seeing if the OSGeo member projects' steering committees could actually be recognized as some sort of legal entity by becoming a member project.

It sounds like the PSC representative for a member project automagically becomes an officer of the foundation, giving them the ability to make licensing decisions on behalf of the foundation.

That's tidy.

Tim

Miss anything relevant?

 - bri