Yes indeed, we are on the same team here. Since you mentioned my name, I tried very hard to make relationships with so many communities (remember, at some point I was told that OSGeo was being too inclusive, reaching out to too many groups); so it is hard to please everyone. For sure there is more to do, and OSGeo's OpenData committee needs love, needs more passionate voices, as I hear in your voice. Maybe Jachym you could kick-start that committee? Sometimes committees need a little nudge, to get things moving again. Call a meeting of the data committee, create an agenda, and set some tasks (it's a good way to get things going again).

Jeff McKenna
President Emeritus, OSGeo

On 2016-10-17 8:22 AM, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
I'm just trying to put my memories together - I'm glad, we are all on
the same board. I try to push open  (geo)data topic as well, in or out
of OSGeo

po 17. 10. 2016 v 13:17 odesílatel Jeff McKenna
< <>>

    Hi Jachym,

    I have given talks on OSGeo and open data.  I am sorry to hear that you
    believe I said that about the foundation.  I do believe we've discussed
    this in face-to-face board meetings before, so maybe that is where you
    heard this?  I remember a discussion of adding open data into our
    foundation's mission statement, which I believe we did.

    Jeff McKenna
    President Emeritus, OSGeo