Hello  friends and neighbours,

we Finns use our list sometimes to spread informataion on our national events and also international events. We have today board meeting for national OSGeo society this topic will be on agenda.
I guess that Estonian Discourse will get some Finns there too 😉

Best, Kari

Alexander Kmoch via Discuss kirjoitti 30.1.2024 klo 11:58:
Dear Jorge,

thanks a lot for info, much appreciated. I have an OSGeo login and I am able to create a ticket.
our
If I understood you correctly, then [2] is the more general discussion, but I could open already a ticket for Estonia, referencing [2] saying Estonia would like a QGIS Estonia Discourse place, and we are happy to joint/await the discussion how to organise this in general?

Best,

Alex

[2]: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3133

On 30.01.2024 11:39, Jorge Sanz via Discuss wrote:
On 2024-01-30 8:15, Alexander Kmoch via Discuss wrote:

Dear OSGeo admin team,

we from Estonia haven't had a mailing list before and wanted to consider to apply for a qgis or osgeo mailing list for Estonia. Now with the Discourse option, we would be really keen to get a QGIS usergroup forum for our Estonian community.

How can we "apply" ?

Best,

Alex

Hi Alex, thanks for your request.

Usually asking for new mailing lists has been discussed at OSGeo Trac[1]. I think we can do the same for Discourse. Please feel free to open a new ticket there for a focused discussion on your needs or let me know and I can open it for you.

I've opened a ticket about creating a parent category for all chapters[2]. I could create the Estonia category right away but better decide on the place for all this type of discussions and then we can give you the space to not open chances for confusion to your colleagues.

Cheers!

[1]: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
[2]: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3133