-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] För Kirk Ferguson
Skickat: den 2 mars 2005 19:21
Till: Slim Devices Discussion
Ämne: [slim] SlimServer 6.0a2 scan problems

Hello.  I've been trying to get the 6.0 nightlies to work on a Centos (RH
Enterprise) server.  The software installs fine, but crashes silently part
way
through scanning my library. The crash occurs about 10 minutes into the
scan.

5.4.X works fine on the same system and library.  If I remove the 6.0
version
(rpm -e) and install 5.4.x, it takes about 40 minutes to complete the
initial
scan, and then plays just fine.

My questions:

1. What has changed in the parsing of tags between versions that would cause
this?

2. Can I start the server with different options to change this behavior?

3. What can I do to figure out what files in the library are causing this
crash?

I tried the options suggested in the Installation doc included with the
download, but still get no message at all when the crash occurs.  I have
around
23,000 songs, so I really don't relish the idea of manually moving files
around
to figure it out.

Thanks,

Kirk