--- bjmacdow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Ok...I am a total novice at this.  For clarification, does EAC
> have LAME
> 3.90.3 embedded into it as an option? Or do you rip through
> EAC and then
> compress everything ripped again with LAME 3.90.3?  Thanks for

You have to download the LAME codec separately.  It is available
here:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=28123

You then must go into EAC's settings and point it to the codec.
On that same setttings screen is a place for the "--alt-preset
standards" switch.

The 3.90.3 version of LAME is best if you intend on using the
--alt-preset switches.  Otherwise you can use a more current
version.