I notice the web server chugging if I have any of my devices using HUGE playlists (like all songs / random for example). If I have all devices using small playlists (like ONE album for example), the web server is super-fast in all cases.

Danny Rego

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Benjamin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss@lists.slimdevices.com>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: [slim] Re: A better remote?

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:09:05PM +0200, Michael Herger wrote:
: >How much music have you got loaded, and what's your server hardware?
: >My server is a P4 with 640MB, with a 40GB OS drive and two 200GB music
: >drives.  The web interface was snappy when I had only a few dozen
: >albums, but with 330, it's downright sluggish.  For example, displaying
: >the artists list generally takes 5-10 seconds.  I'm not looking forward
: >to when I have all 1300 albums ripped to the system!
:
: I can't confirm this. While my server is much less powerful (VIA C3/1GHz,
: 512MB) I have >500 albums. The artist list takes less than 1 second to
: display. The album list is a little slower (1-2 seconds).

The difference may be OS.  I run slimserver on FreeBSD, and I believe
Michael runs it on Linux.  Mike, if you're using Windows, it may
explain it.  I wouldn't be surprised if Unix performed better than
Windows here..  it does with every thing else ;-).

--mikeb

:
: -- :
: Michael
:
: Help translate SlimServer by using the
: StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)