I think a fair number of people buy MP3 files from Amazon.  I know I
have - it's quick, convenient, and it's the non-Apple alternative. When
I just want a song or two, and not an entire album, that's where I go.

When I want to get a good copy of something, I go vinyl, if available.
More audio DVD use, that's a plus. But I'm resigned to the fact that
CDs are the most common carrier and are convenient - no reason to get
upset about it, it's how it is. I'm amused by people who think a FLAC
file of a CD is anything special, not realizing that what they are
doing is getting an accurate copy of a quality compromised copy. No
reason to fear a lossy copy of a CD - the CD itself is already lossy.
Most people don't know or hear the difference. People who are really
picky never get anywhere near a CD, other than as a coaster for a
coffee cup.

--
Goodsounds