Sean,

Thanks for weighing in.  You're the expert here, I will always welcome
the opportunity to hear your views. And I will do so quietly.

So, what is your take on the CD quality issue?  I personally prefer
vinyl to plastic based on my listening experiences, but do you think
that to be unfounded?  I'm an amateur like most in these parts, but
have long heard the artists complain about the CD format. I had some
involvement 10+ years ago with the Bay Area company that was trying to
move forward with HDCD - Neil Young (who has long been one of the vocal
anti-CD format types) was an investor in the company. One of his long
awaiting project - the release of archival material- keeps getting
delayed, most recently because it is now being remastered for DVD-A.

Any basis in reality to this?

--
Goodsounds