>The one thing I am sure about is that Now Playing should be simple,
>intuitive and obvious. No one should have to read a manual to see how
>it works. Any solution that does not fit this is plainly wrong.

Ignoring screensavers for the moment, what do you find not intuitive and
obvious about Now Playing?  I assume we are talking about SqueezeBox now
playing screens, and the Now Playing standard remote button?

Press the button and it shows the now playing screen.  Erm, isn't that it?

Maybe if someone could describe the problem, we could all chip in with some
suggestions and see where we end up?