OhPinchy;338983 Wrote:
> Thanks folks. It seems it's as I thought which is a pity as there's an
> opportunity to have a proper low-power mode to save the small amount of
> energy. I doubt it's good for the battery life either (mine dies pretty
> quickly now).

It's not a mode per se, but it is an energy saving mode, you just have
to set it up (maybe it does it by default, I don't remember).  The
screen will be blank and the WiFi radio by default is in energy saving
mode, even when undocked and in full use.

It's not unlike your TV, which isn't really off when you turn it off -
it's mostly off.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 10.2 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.2, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior