tygar;342471 Wrote:
> Many users have reported on this forum that they have experienced this
> bug during firmware updates.  Two suggestions made above for dealing
> with this bug are:
>

> >   >   >

  - -To contact SlimDevices support-:

  > But owner ccjj reports above that his
  > back-and-forth exchanges with SlimDevices did not help him fix his
  > Transporter (owner ccjj reports that he spent two weeks trying to
  > get the answer).

  - -To post a query on this forum-:

  > But a fair amount of the advice on this forum regarding the bug
  > contain what appears to be incorrect information (such as advice to
  > force the xilinx device to be reprogrammed).  In addition, as this
  > very thread shows, this forum is hardly a sympathetic place.
  > > >

> I stand by my original suggestion -- put a comment or link
> on the download page.  It is clear that many owners have
> had this problem, and it is equally clear that Logitech's existing
> forum and technical support have trouble helping those owners.

I do agree with you mostly.  I think you were frustrated to begin with,
thus the comments you made.  Now you are bringing up useful things for
Logitech to look into and I hope they do.  Your experience here started
badly but I hope you do understand that the people helping are not paid
to help and try the best they can.  They get frustrated too. When you
say things like throwing it in a landfill it gets people pissed.  I'm
sure you wanted help and didn't really want to throw it away. Next time
please state the problem with as much detail as you can, and ask for
some help.  You will get it if someone can help. If you post in such a
negative state then people will react the same way.  I hope you
understand that and I'm sorry about some of your experience here so
far.  It will get better if both sides communicate better and not say
things to get attention.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality