The SB3 and Duet (and indeed all players) can be controlled from the web
interface, so if you loose the remote you can still control them.

I very much doubt we'll see a consumer focused Squeeze product with an
integrated power supply. There is all sorts of regulatory requirements
to be met when you do this. With an external wall-wart or power brick,
those tests have already been done. For example, the Boom uses a brick
that Logitech already used in other products, so the designers didn't
need to worry about that when building the Boom, if it doesn't ue mains
voltage, you don't need to test it.

As for abandoning the VFD, i wouldn't say that would strictly true.
There will be devices with large colour screens, as they would just
utilise the SqueezeOS interface for the Controller, all the work has
already been done.

What I want is a 7" (or there abouts) photo-frame styles SB that uses
SqueezeOS and has audio outputs to connect to my clear HarmonKardon
SoundSticks. And if SqueezeCenter was able to catalogue my photo
library as well as my music library then that would be awesome :)

--
funkstar