Goodsounds;357685 Wrote:
> I think the literal answer to your question is no one, because there are
> no such rules. Neither pension plans (how defined benefit plans are
> usually referred to) nor profit sharing plans (defined contribution
> plans, including 401(k) but there are others) are mandatory in the US.So
> governments and their taxation bodies had no hand in writing
influencing how any of the abovementioned operate?  That's definitely
not the case in many other countries eg in Australia eployee
participation in a superannuation scheme is mandatory and there are
very clear legislative and fund specific rules as to what your rights
are, when you can access the funds, taxation implications etc.  I'd
venture a guess that even in the US tax legislation and employment
terms would have a bearing on whether or not you make 401k
contributions and fund and/or tax rules would also dictate mandatory
drawdown at some point, forcing a selling down of a portion or all of
your portfolio.

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...

Integrating MusicIP with SqueezeCenter...'*here's how*'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Integrating_MusicIP_with_SqueezeCenter).