mortslim;363598 Wrote:
> How about $150. for the Controller and $225. for the Receiver?  Once you
> get the price of the Controller down, the perceived value added from the
> lower price (from the consumer's point of view) will hopefully produce
> higher profits through a higher volume of sales, not a higher mark up
> on each Controller sold.

This would upset me.  I like the fact that I can add additional players
at a very reasonable cost.  I have a duet and added a receiver shortly
after.  At $225, I would not have done it.  And with SB3s going for
$209 on Amazon, it would be silly to ask for more money for a device
that does not have a display.

I understand what you are getting at, but dropping the price of the
controller and increasing the price of the receiver is not the answer.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.2.1, SqueezeSlave, and MusicIP (thanks to ghan for
solution to seg fault issue!!).
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior