servies;408287 Wrote:
> You're all perfectly right in your comments that (draft) N routers
> perfectly work with G devices and that the Squeezebox family also works
> perfectly with draft N networks...

I'm not sure you actually got what I was saying.

> But that's not the point... At the moment you have mixed G and (draft) N
> devices you're practically running 2 separate wireless networks.

What do you mean?

> If you have hardly any connection between you Squeezebox device and a G
> router because of walls, distance etc. you probably will have hardly
> any connection between your Squeezebox device and a (draft) N router.

If you're suggesting that a N router is no better than a G router as
far as G clients are concerned, you are wrong! In fact G clients do
benefit from the multipath reception capabilities of an N access
point.

> When the Squeezebox gets an upgrade with a (draft) N wireless card you
> can disable the G type network and be N only...

Sorry but you really have this wrong. You are under the misconception
that G devices slow down N devices, in the way that B devices slow down
G devices. It is simply not true. You should test it if you don't
believe me. Do a file transfer between to an N device across your
wireless LAN, then turn off all your G devices and do it again.

--
seanadams