Evan55;408207 Wrote:
> Ive recently discovered the Squeezebox Duet and fell in love with it
> (well, on paper anyway) but I have just moved over to an entirely N
> network, and Id really rather not run a separate G network too.
> Since the new Linksys/Cisco and some of other audio streamers now run
> on N networks,  any rumors that Squeezebox will be updating their
> hardware to support N networks?  (maybe with some new features thrown
> in too? :) )
I'm currently running two hardware players over my N network and they
work just fine in G mode. Shame about my Nintendo DS which makes the
whole network shut down, transfers drop to a handful of *bytes* a
second.

You don't need a seperate network for G devices. 802.11n has been
designed specifically to work will with legacy devices, it actually
gives signal strength and range improvements for existing hardware.

--
funkstar