Nonreality;516269 Wrote:
> I really,really hate to see these SB3 failures as I love mine. Has
> anyone created a study to see if these are do to a certain batch or time
> frame? Mines almost 3 years old and I really depend on it.  I would not
> have bought it if it only had a 2-4 year lifespan.  I expect at least 10
> years for my stereo equipment and have always bought quality to make
> sure of this.  I would be very disappointed if mine fails this soon.
> It's my most favorite device ever and it would be very sad if it failed.
> Plus I can't afford a replacement right now.

I couldn't agree more...  I have 3 SB3s and this is the first failure I
have had.

Took it apart last night and found what appeared to be heat related
discolorations on the inside of the case and when connecting the unit to
power outside the case, I immediately smelled a "hot electrical" smell.
No smoke or sparks and I did not investigate further...

The case on this model (SB3 with "Slim Devices" on the metal face) has
no ventilation at all.  Has this ever been an issue (overheating)?

In answer to the previous question regarding the type of SB3, yes, it
is wireless.

I was able to pick up a "new still in box" SB3 on eBay for $195
yesterday to replace this one, but they are sure becoming hard to find.
I have no desire to "upgrade" to the "Touch".

--
Hobejam

WORK TO LIVE - LIVE TO ROCK