Hobejam;516453 Wrote:

> The case on this model (SB3 with "Slim Devices" on the metal face) has
> no ventilation at all.  Has this ever been an issue (overheating)?

Not that I've seen: a working SB doesn't get THAT hot.  A bit warm
perhaps, but not uncomfortable at all.  (So, maybe 80 degrees F?  No
clue, I suck at estimating almost anything...)

Of course, some components just randomly die sometimes.  I tend to blow
up capacitors on video cards.  ("ooh, look at the bulging top!  I know
what blew up!")

Depending on what happened as it died, it may be possible to replace if
you know someone with some soldering skill.

--
snarlydwarf