majones;518136 Wrote:
> I watched it but couldn't understand what he was saying. It's hard for
> us Texans to understand your European accents.

How about the other way round too.

Actually I was in a small Texas town a while back and got stopped by a
"Real Sheriff -- Stetson and all" for speeding.

After a while he let me go saying  "Limey's OK - he first thought I was
an Australian- but if you had been a Yankie your a-s would have been
grass". A night as a Guest of the taxpayers of Texas in "The City Hotel"
for sure.

Seems in the US the Deep South still lives.

Funny later at night I saw him in a Local Tavern and we ended up
drinking together - in spite of the accents.

Cheers
jimbo

--
jimbo45