toby10;524446 Wrote:
> SB players are about not needing direct computer interaction for music
> playback combined with excellent audio output.  I’d bet the vast
> majority of SB users access the web UI control mostly for management,
> settings, and maintenance purposes.  For enjoying their music collection
> (or the extensive list of offered Music Services) they just use the
> hardware remotes (IR, Controller, iPhone, iTouch, Nokia, etc…).
>
> I do understand your desire for web UI usage for all playback control,
> many would agree with you and do so themselves.  It’s just not what I
> and the typical SB user desire for playback usage.
>
> SBS will never win any UI design competitions as this is not the focus
> of this server platform.  It ain’t pretty, but it’s interface with SB
> players is beautiful!   :)

All good points - I keep forgetting I'm in the 1% that uses the WEB UI
mostly (because I happen to have a screen/keyboard/mouse right next to
where I sit to listen to my main system. On the Radio and Boom I mostly
use the onboard knobs/controls. I only ever use the Touch IR (actually a
Harmony One) to start a firmware upgrade or do a hardware reset... :-)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB Touch Beta (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W -
MF Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio