Now that the weather is starting to get warmer (at least in the N
hemisphere) I'm thinking about getting outdoor speakers for my
deck/patio. I've seen a few speaker models mentioned in disparate
threads, but wanted to see if a specific thread would draw out a few
more suggestions. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something a
step (or 2-3 steps) up from the Boom that I've been using in that
location until now. The budget for speakers is US$100-300, plus another
$100-150 for an amp. The amp is likely to be an AudioSource Amp100, as
I've been happy with the one I already have in my kitchen. The area to
be covered is roughly 30 feet x 30 feet (10m x 10m).

I await the forums' collective words of wisdom........

--
aubuti

Nothing high-end, but music anywhere I want it, and it's '100% wind
powered' (http://www.cleancurrents.com/). MSI Wind desktop (Ubuntu
8.10) feeding: Living room: SB Touch + SBC > NAD C325 BEE > Vandersteen
1; Kitchen/Dining: SB2 + SBC > AudioSource Amp100 > 2 pair of Polk
RC60i; Basement: SB3 > JVC JA-S44 > ESS Tempest LS8; Bedroom: Boom and
SB Radio;Study: Duet > Klipsch ProMedia 2.0; Kid's bedroom: SB2 >
Klipsch ProMedia 2.0
http://www.last.fm/user/aubuti/