erland;551939 Wrote:
> I'm sure there are people here that's willing to help identifying
> incorrect articles, as I remember we have the "Edit Needed" category
> which was used previously. Do you want us to use that or do you have
> something else in mind ?
>
> Adding a page to edit needed category, is just a matter of inserting
> "[[Category:Edit Needed]]" in the page and after that it will show up
> here:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Category:Edit_Needed
>
> It might also be useful to add some kind of information regarding
> what's incorrect, for example like I did earlier on this page:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/PluginSettings

This has been on my 'learn how to' list for a while, so I'll give it a
go.

I think that there a couple of fundamental issues (aside from the
parallel forums):-

1) there are parallel FAQ's at
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/439/5745?selectedcrid=439&selectedcid=5745&WT.z_sp=Product&osid=&bit=
which presents a maintenance and search overhead
2) these forums act as substitute support and save lazy/unaware people
from searching by letting them post questions and get answers (a good
service for them and provided by free from the many dedicated
enthusiasts, but think what more those enthusiasts coudl acheieve if
not answering repeat questions).
3) many 'fixes' are frequently reposted, or threads are used as answers
which undermines any wiki
4) my personal experience is that searching the forums is more likely
to get relevant information than the wiki. I am not sure if this is the
search enginer, the tagging or simply the volume of material available.

Perhaps critical mass on the wiki (or FAQ?) is necessary to get over
the perception hump (or actually these fix a huge number of problems
that are therefore invisible).

Mitch

--
DigitalMitch

2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * SBR, 1 * Radio and 1 * Touch
controlled by IR, SBC [and iPeng on iPhone - wifi died!!]
7.5.0 on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470) upgraded to 2G RAM
http://www.last.fm/user/digimich